Good agricultural practices
To reduce the emission of phytosanitary products to the environment, diverse actions are being done to promote and implement the following good agricultural practices in the area:
- The calibration of the sprayers for a correct application of phitosanitary products
- The proposal of alternative systems to control pests (auxiliary fauna and flora) and to eliminate weeds mechanically
- The correct management of banned phytosanitary products
- The establishment of charging points of water with good quality
- The establishment of locations for cleaning the spraying equipment
Although the implementation of some of these measures requires a relevant investment and is therefore, subject to the availability of economical resources, the correct use of phytosanitary products as well as the use of alternative systems have been promoted among the farmers of the area through the organization of various technical workshops.